Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Birthday gift...


My second 14er, mt Democrat:

It was more than a week ago, but I still want to post this.
4AM alarm. International hiking team: Enrico and Isabella (Italian-American), Agustin and children (Mexican-American), Eric (American) and Kamile (Uyghur)
It's a long drive to Alma, Colorado (past Fairplay). We get to the trail-head at 6:30AM.
The hike is not too long but steep.
Columbines welcome us. It will be a good day!

Columbines - Colorado state flower

going up with Kite Lake in the background

I raise my eyes toward the mountains.
From whence shall come my help?
My help comes from the LORD,
the maker of heaven and earth.
He will not allow your foot to slip

Do I really believe that? It is easy to say "God will come to my help" when everything is fine and life is good, but to believe the statement when things are not going well it's a different thing. I am trying, but I am not there yet.    So, as I am hiking with some back pain, I think of all the people we know that need prayers because they are suffering physically or emotionally.  There seem to be so many. More than I can truly remember to pray for each day. That is way we have a prayer list in our rosary basket. I put them in your hands Lord. Help them feel your loving presence, We can't do it down here without your help.

Climbing with #FlatFrancis

On the top with my favorite hiking buddy

On the top with #FlatFrancis
Thank you for hiking with me Isabella on my birthday. I love being with you and I love that we share the love for the outdoor and for God's creation and his church!


Agustin on his first 14er
Congratulations, my friend for trying something new and challenging. Let's do one more before the summer is over.

Our team

Kamile

an idea of the incline





For those of you that do not know what a 14er is, take a look here: www.14ers.com

No comments: