Monday, July 27, 2015

Lake Michigan







Strolling St. Joseph, Michigan - giant bath art







What a fun time we are having on Lake Michigan. I have been wondering if Great Lake is better than warm, caribbean ocean. I asked the children and the answers differ.  Cool water vs. warm water, salty water vs. not salty, manicured beaches with lots of tourists vs. more rugged beaches with very few people around.  In the end, the quieter and simpler atmosphere always wins with Norine and I. Tonight we watched the sunset on a completely empty beaches, sitting on a towel with beach lamps. If you don't know what those are I suggest you watch the movie Bella. It's an inspiring and touching story and the beach scene with the lanterns is one of my all time favorites.
What does the gentle sound of waves on the beach bring to mind?

No comments: